Friday, February 27, 2015

Woah. Wait a sec. REWIND!

Hey guys, so wow. Ok, I feel kind of embarresed. So I read over my blog post that I just wrote for February and at the end I realized one huge thing... I didn't even mention any of God's work in ministry, and that's terrible. Ha, I was far too wrapped up in my own self and didn't even mention it. Forgive me.
So here is what has been happening with ministry. Gosh it has actually been extremely beautiful. This half has truly shown the amazing works that only God can do. I have had the honor specifically to be asked to be a confirmation sponser, as well as be a small group leader to 2 amazing women's groups. The Lord has helped build such amazing relationships with these girls that sometimes I don't know how he did it. It is truly an honor to have these souls open up to me and to come to me about prayer and other life struggles. And the only thing I can do is lead them to Christ, and share his beauty and love for them; He does the rest.
This half I prayed to fall more in love with the ministry, to aquire a zeal for it, and the Lord truly answered those prayers. Seeing him work in the lives of these young women strengthens my own faith in him as well. He is such a beautiful mystery.
It wasn't until the other day when I found myself saying "God I don't feel like I'm doing anything here..." that God stopped me and I realized that of course I'm not doing anything here... He is. I can help with the mission, but only God does the moving, the working, and the transforming of hearts, not me. And so I am thankful for He Is. If I may ask, please pray for me for dieing to self. Sometimes it's so easy to get wrapped up in what the Lord has been doing in our personal lives and forget to praise him for what he has done through us, without us even knowing, and simply because He Is our God, and continues to love us still. Pray for me and know I am praying for you.

God bless you all,
Erika
"For i have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you; it is the gift of God."
Ephesians 2:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment